Life's minutiae

I think too much and it's often not a healthy thing.

Friday, March 17, 2006

I had to look up "minutiae"

I didn't know how to spell it, so I typed "minutia" into dictionary.com. I assume it's a probably a bad omen for my first ever attempt at a blog that I couldn't even spell the title. I don't even really know what to talk about. People usually seem so clever and poignant and know how to spell shit.

What the hell am I supposed to say in a blog? I feel so johnnycomelately to this blogging fanaticism that the only people who'll read this will be my mother and girlfriend. I won't have a searchable blog unless I put some words phrases like "American Idol is great!" or "The surreal life is my favorite show" or "Bush is a loser" into my blog.

I don't believe any of what I said, of course, but if I want people to read it, then I have to make certain sacrifices. Then I think that why do I want anyone to read this? And then I think why am I writing my thoughts into a generic blogging site? What is my blogging motivation?

Well, I suppose that I want to be famous because of my blog. So if I start sounding too sanctimonious or if I start taking myself too seriously, please don't let me know. Because I will be crushed.

It's a sad day when a person realizes that they're not special and they have to a live a normal, baseline existence just like the rest of the 6 billion people on this world, continuously struggling with life's minutia, uh, wait, m-i-n-u-t-i-a-e. And for me, today was a sad day.

11 Comments:

At Thu Dec 13, 07:36:00 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If it makes you feel any better, I found your blog and am in no way related to you.

 
At Fri Mar 28, 08:23:00 PM PDT, Blogger Not That Dave Matthews said...

And also from the feeling better department: I stumbled on your blog while misspelling the exact same word the exact same way :)

 
At Fri Aug 29, 10:05:00 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ditto on the spelling find. I just typed "how to spell minutia" into google, and there you were. Too bad about your blog ... seems too much time has passed between posts for loyal readers to stay interested : )

 
At Thu Dec 11, 07:56:00 PM PST, Blogger the Astro Nommer said...

I, too, am trying to figure out how to spell minutia/minutiae; your blog was the third result down on google :)
As far as I can tell, both spellings are appropriate? Hmm...
Anyway, nice blog!

 
At Mon Jul 13, 10:56:00 PM PDT, Blogger niknog said...

ok, you're not so anonymous; i don't know you, yet here i am... now i'll explain how: i was about to comment on certain youtube video and wanted to use the word minutiae---but couldn't recall the spelling; so, i googled it, and your blog was among the first few entries. so thanks for the spelling, and good luck on your blog.
sincerely,
nikcrit

 
At Mon Aug 10, 05:16:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had to look it up, too and you were near the top of the list for this spelling. After reading your well-written blog, I will look no further. I'm going with your spelling--let the recipient look it up, find your blog and know that I know how to spell. Thank you!

 
At Thu Feb 18, 07:34:00 AM PST, Blogger Scott Smith said...

I too found your blog looking for the correct spelling of minutiae. Maybe that's your calling... a spelling blog.

 
At Thu Mar 25, 09:06:00 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey you're famous! For minutiae . . .

 
At Wed Oct 06, 02:13:00 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i found you too looking for the spelling of minutiae..life is very strange..

 
At Thu Jul 21, 12:20:00 PM PDT, Blogger Mandi said...

Interesting. I was looking up the spelling of minutiae for a post in my blog and here you are!

I wonder what you're doing five years later?

 
At Fri Dec 16, 10:52:00 AM PST, Blogger SavageUK said...

I stumbled upon your blog after mis-spelling minutae, sorry m-i-n-u-t-i-a-e! Had to comment :) Wishing you well.
Merry Christmas and a prosperous and fulfilling New Year to you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home